Laserjet 2550 Series Toolbox (v2.9) Download

Lots of people having issues finding Toolbox software on HP’s website. Well, I too really needed it. Fortunately I found a hold of one, so I stripped it down to just the Toolbox/Drivers and I’m putting it on here to help everyone out. Files were removed/no ISO upload because I don’t want to pay for extra space!

Download 2550 Series Toolbox 73.5 mb

Note: Due to missing files, follow through with the default options and click ignore for any files missing (it will complain about the missing manual and web registration). At the final summary screen, uncheck all boxes (just in case).

I have a 2410, 2420, 2430 toolbox uploaded over here (8/22/2011)

Cheers!

28 Responses to “Laserjet 2550 Series Toolbox (v2.9) Download”

1. FloVV says:

“Lots of people having issues finding Toolbox software on HP’s website.” is missing @ hp.com
    Thx for putting it on!

2. adam says:

Thanks SOOO much, i have looked everywhere for this utility. I think its awful that hp does not have this for dl

3. John says:

Mike, HP printers seem to last forever so it’s not just awful that HP won’t make the near essential toolbox for these printers available for download. It’s an absolute disgrace. All the other software is available. I found a CLJ 2550 drivers and toolbox CD for 2.99 GBP (plus 0.75 GBP postage in the UK) on UK ebay earlier this year. I found your website because I had temporarily mislaid the CD. I’m sure a lot of people will be grateful to you for making the toolbox available.

4. Rich says:

Thanks a lot for posting this toolbox. Unfortunately I’m having a tough time installing it. Is there a trick to installing on Windows 7? Every time I try to run the application, I get an error message that says “Please use the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer on this Operating System.” Thanks for any help you can give.

5. Administrator says:

I cant see an easy way around this unfortunately. Tried a few ways but I cant put any more time towards this. Trying to get just the toolbox portion to install without hpsetup looks like it may be a too much of a challenge.

6. Administrator says:

@John: I love how ebay has sellers with those CD’s. I bet the HP cds that sell the most are the ones with this toolbox on it haha

7. Chafik Kernane says:

thanks a lot dear friend , i spent hours and days loocking for this toolbox, if you need any thing I can do you ‘ll be my guest ,thanks a lot,

8. Administrator says:

Need nothing, though its nice to know my work is helping others. Cheers Chafik.

9. Keith says:

I to have been looking for this software, as you have already been told thanks for uploading this. I have had the printer a while now and gave up looking for this software and just hoped I didn’t need it but that time has come and I need to run the cleaning utility to stop the vertical lines on printouts.

Thanks again.

10. Gert Tighy says:

HP 25520 Toolbox

I have downloaded the file http://www.migee.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/LJ2550_toolbox.zip.

How do I now install it please?

Thanks

Gert

11. Administrator says:

Hi Gert, open up the downloaded zip, drag the files into a folder on your desktop. Then run hpsetup, and follow the note in the article. Been awhile but I’m fairly certain its hpsetup (and not the msi installer file). Correct me if I’m wrong!

12. alex says:

you are a lifesaver! just need to find an HP LJ 2820 toolbox now.

13. Administrator says:

Much welcome!

For the 2820 it should have an embedded webserver so you shouldn’t need a toolbox (assuming this one always comes with a networking port.

14. Pierre says:

Thank you very much, Mike.

15. Wayne says:

I notice from the setup.ini file that the latest supported OS is Win2k, is this right, will it not run on XP or Windows 7?

16. Administrator says:

I do believe this is only compatible with XP and below, unfortunately. Though I could be mistaken.

17. ziaulrehman says:

Anyone please help me to find hp toolbox for colour laserjet 2500 series printer.
    I have no clue how to find it…
    Without it i cant even print cleaning page and ant calibrate the printer
    any help please
    ziarehmaan@live.com

18. ziaulrehman says:

This toolbox is not detecting my printer
    it is same look printer (2500n)
    but 2550 toolbox is not supporting it
    it means i have to install some other tooolbox for my printer

19. gerul says:

Hi Mike, thanks a lot for providing the toolbox for HP CLJ 2550. Regarding to HP the toolbox cannot be run on Windows 7 but there seems to be a way to start the cleaning process without the toolbox: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/70077. Unfortunately two printfiles (cleaning_page.prn and clean_mode_page.prn) are needed for the job. I cannot find them within the downloaded archive (not even in cab- and zip-files inside the archive). Could you be so kind and upload those files (they must be on the CD, they are uncomressed), please. Many thanks in advance.

Another solution could be to use the toolbox with XP Mode (I am going to try out tonight).

kind regards
    gerul

20. Administrator says:

@ziaulrehman: I’m not sure if the two are similar enough, sorry.

@gerul: Sorry I don’t think have the files anymore. XP mode is my suggestion :)

21. Brenda says:

Unfortunately, I could not get the program to work. I have a CD with drivers for the program, but it does not contain a toolkit. HP probably deleted the toolkit.

22. Administrator says:

@Brenda: Be sure you have the right model of printer. A 2500 may not be the same as this 2550 for example. Secondly, please provide any error messages or detail on why its not working. Lastly, this program only appears to work on XP or older!

23. DAWN says:

I HAVE MY ORIGINAL CD BUT SOMEHOW THE TOOLBOX IS NOT ON ANY OF THE COMPUTERS WE UPGRADED TO HOW CAN I INSTALL THE TOOLBOX FROM MY ORIGINAL CD? I HAVE A VISTA COMPUTER NOW. IT SEEMS TO TRY AND INSTALL IT THEN IT UNINSTALLS IT

24. Administrator says:

I believe the toolbox software only runs on XP, unfortunately!

25. Felipe says:

Muchas gracias por el aporte, la verdad es que no lo encontré en ningún otro sitio

26. Dawood says:

Thank you so much, and i think your help is better than HP, due to i search many times but the problem solved your help only, thanks again and so much thanks
    With best wishes!
    Engineer,Dawood

27. AndrewSh says:

Toolbox supports LJ 1010, LJ 1150, 1300, LJ 2500, 3500, 3700, 2550

I installed it manually from \toolbox\Windows
    granted access in firewall and visited localhost:5225/Toolbox/

28. AL says:

Hi,
    I successfully installed it :) in Windows 7 (64bit)
    manually installed from \toolbox\Windows\hp_toolbox.exe
    right click hp_toolbox.exe
    in compatability mode: click check
    run this in compatability mode for XP

Furtherbelow. privilege Level
    Run as Admi click (check)

I got it installed but
    how to run it .. I have no answer yet.

I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox
    & looked which one to click (LOL)
    i am hesistant, (noob on this)

Thoughts?

(thanks AndrewSh for sharing it) where to find install
    Million Thanks for the administrator for sharing this tool.